What is CEREC?
Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic or CEREC for short is a new state-of-the-art method of reconstructing tooth restorations.
CEREC uses computer-assisted design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) to offer single-day restorations for patients. This new technology has revolutionized ceramic restorations such as crowns and veneers for patients so that there is no longer a wait between preparing the restoration and finally receiving the finished product.
The restorations created are metal-free and tooth colored to restore your tooth to its natural beauty, strength and function. With CEREC’s CAD/CAM technology, these ceramic restorations can all be done in one single visit to the dentist.
Advantages of Using CEREC
CEREC has revolutionized the restorative process. It was created with the patient in mind in order to make a visit to the dentist as pain-free as possible. Some of the benefits to using CEREC are:
- Most procedures can be done in one visit that is less time-consuming
- Less painful injections due to just a single-visit
- No need to take messy dental impressions
- No need to have a temporary restoration in-between visits
- Ability to save as much natural tooth structure as possible
- Longer lasting restorations – may last over 10 years
- Restores teeth to natural beauty, function and strength
- Metal-free restorations